Yesterday we loaded up and went to the beach south of Pescadero Beach, Papa's beach. Papa looked at the computer to see what the weather and waves would be like and came to us to report that it would be warm and relatively low tide. BUT....when we got there, it was a little higher than we expected and also it was definitely jacket weather. Still we had a great time hunting shells and little animals in the tide pools. I stayed on shore and hunted shells with Ethan most of the time while the girls went exploring with Papa. Gene and Quynh also explored. Quynh caught a crab about three inches across and let the kids see it up close. She also caught a very small crab, smaller than a penny, and let it go. She wasn't afraid to just grab them. The larger one caught her finger in it's pinchers!
After the beach we headed down to our favorite pizza place in Santa Cruz. I sat down and immediately wished that all of us could have been there together. We missed you!
The rest of the afternoon and early evening we were in our backyard. The little ones swam the longest, with Adam and Ann doing a few laps and me getting in the hot tub for a short time.
Papa and I were bushed at the close of the day!
The Tide Pool Beach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I. am. SOOOOO. jealous!!!
Still, glad you had a great time. Just can't wait till it's all of our turn together! :)
How fun!!! I love the tide pools and the pizza in Santa Cruz! Sounds like such a fun day :)
I'm not as jealous due to the windy roads, but the pizza is always worth it.
I mentioned to Dad that we should have a family reunion at a beach house instead of Hawaii, may be more affordable for all.
The tide pools were awesome! I loved it! We found some pretty fun shells and had a blast exploring. I can't wait until it is all of our turns together too!!!!
So when can I come again!:) I miss it and am quite jealous!
Post a Comment