CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Zoo



Took the kids to the San Francisco Zoo the day after Annie and Adam came to visit from North Carolina. We decided to go before all the 4th of July crowds began. It was a beautiful day for the Zoo. We started out in the Africa exhibit and made our way to the hippo area, where we stopped and ate lunch. I brought my usual peanut butter and jam, but Aunt Quynh brought egg salad sandwiches! We were all jealous! She shared with us and we were truly grateful. The hippo exhibit is still under construction and we don't know where they were able to hide the hippos! We rode the train, which is becoming a very seldom done activity since the price is outrageous for two tiny circles on the track. Em, Quynh and I sat out this activity. The kids loved it! We saw only the legs of the cassowary though. He was way in the back of his enclosure. I think that the favorite thing at the zoo is the playground, which begs the question, "Would the kids be just as happy at Serra Park?"

Next to the childrens zoo for the nature trail. We cut this short as the adults had had it and just wanted to go home to rest. The cousins were still wanting to see the farm animals.....

2 comments:

Em said...

I can't believe how tired I was after so little time? I'm getting old! I'm glad they were willing to go before the farm animals, I wasn't going to make it. =)

I love Cienna smelling the flower in the last picture. What a cutie

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

It was sure fun to be a part of this awesome day! Adam and I had a blast. It has been a really long time since I've been to the zoo...so I am really glad I got to be there. There were some people missing...but it is hard to get everyone together all at once. Missed you Dad, Amy, Allie, Mike, Brian, Michael, Caleb, Noah, Zeke, Eli, and Tank. LOVE YOU!!!

I too am glad that we decided to leave before the farm animals. I am way too old - I am also grateful that none of my pictures made it onto this blog. =)