Yesterday sweet Momba had a rough day. She had decided to give Grandma's dining room furniture to Uncle Bob. She wanted to do this because she knew that he would treasure it, take great care of it, and really enjoy it. She wanted him to have another something to share with his little girl from a grandma that loved her--and made her own exit--long before she made her appearance on earth. She needed more room for the remodel of her home to house her parents-in-law. She wanted the furniture back where it had always been so at home...and so much a part of our memories at grandma's house.
She thought it would be a simple thing to do. But when it came right down to it, she found herself patting the furniture and actually telling it goodbye. She was surprised to be in tears after its departure from the emotions the goodbye brought.
She thought all of this was silly.
But not me. I think it shows how much Momba loves her own Momba and anything and everything associated with her. I think it tells us a little about the value she places on family. And heritage. And loving each other. And memories. I think it was a tender moment, and I'm glad I got to be part of it...even just for the retelling.
We love you Momba!
Amy
Saying Goodbye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I don't think it is silly either. I cried too. I'm sorry Momba! I love you.
I would have done the same! I sure do love you momba!
Post a Comment