Gotta love Ethan and his tic tacs. Adds a little zing to conference. :)
So what was your favorite talk and why?
Conference Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gotta love Ethan and his tic tacs. Adds a little zing to conference. :)
So what was your favorite talk and why?
3 comments:
I liked Elder Perry's talk because he used the gospel-as-a-recipe analogy that I thought of in high school to help me answer some questions I had. Made me feel oh-so-cool until I told Dad about it, and he said something like, "must have missed that." Ha!
I didn't get to watch all sessions of Conference. But I TiVo-ed them and am into the third session (in random order). One of my favorites is a quote at least the way it hit me from Carlos Amada....may not be completely true to his words, but it is really, REALLY true.
"Heavenly Father cannot lead us if we do not trust Him"
This is how it hit me: I pray to be led and then sometimes get cold feet or let the yucky pride of "I can do it better" or "I can do it alone" or even "I should be able to do this alone" (that I am so guilty of) and then I don't let him. It isn't that He hasn't tried.
I know He knows what is best for me, even if I think I do.
Oh and another one of my favorites was the one on prayer and truly submitting ourselves to His will and timeframe. With my little "issue" it was a really great lesson and surprisingly a good comfort.
Anyway, I'm so grateful to my awesome-tacular momba and papa-san and the gospel that they taught me so that I can have it in my life now to make things easier and make sense. You guys are my heros. Love you!
Oh and tell me more about Effy....
I too only have seen both Sunday sessions, but will watch the others this week, so far, my favorite by far was Elder Ballards talk. It validated me and my feelings. Of slowing down, of putting my children first, of getting help I need from both the kids and my sweetheart.
Early in our marriage, Zack and I enjoyed listening to Dr. Laura on our road trips. One time she mentioned that for a mother to leave at any time alone tells the family that they are a burden on her which should be an insult. Poor Zack I feel took that to heart and I have bummed him out more than a few times opting to go (however usually taking the kids) which probably meant that I saw only him as the burden. Poor guy!
So after sitting through conference together on Sunday, he heard from an apostle of the Lord that it is not only ok, but healthy for the Mom. Not that he hasn't been supportive as I had just spent Friday and Saturday at my Mary Kay conference alone. It was fabulous. The best is that the guilt will no longer come with needing a break.
Post a Comment